How do you like this off shoulder tunic? This blouse is from SheIn and is only $12!!!! I know lots of you had questions on my last SheIn blog post (here) about ordering from their site. So I figure this would be more of a review post to give you peace of mind about the site and what you should expect. So lets hop to it!!
Thoughts on this top:
- Its long! Its tunic length, so it hit me mid thigh. I was expecting it to hit at the waist which would make it easier to throw on with anything like jeans, pencil skirt or maxi skirt. So it makes it a bit awkward styling wise on choosing how to wear it. I just decided to tuck it in and keep it moving.
- Its lightweight material, but would still be hot during the summer. I wore this on a humid day and I was hot! The material is not cotton, so it doesn’t breathe very well. I would suggest wearing this on cool,breezy days so you’re not hot as heck 🙂 With 90 degree days hitting us in Texas, I may have to tuck this baby in the closet until cooler days.
- The sleeves are gathered so it has that elastic at the end. Some folks may not like that, I don’t really have a problem with it.
- Do I like it? Would I order it again?? Yes!!! I mean its only $12!! Again, its not a piece to wear in the dead heat of summer. Those of you who live in cooler climates would benefit the most out of this piece right now. But, come fall it will be getting a lot of wear!!
Thoughts on ordering from SheIn:
- I know everyone is a little skeptical with ordering from a company overseas. I don’t blame you with some of the horror stories and pics I’ve seen on Facebook of people ordering one thing and getting a hot mess. I have not experienced that with SheIn! Everything I have received looks just like the picture! So no worries there!
- READ THE REVIEWS!!!- I cannot stress this enough. I encourage you to do so because thats what I do before proceeding to order. The reviews give me peace of mind and also some feedback that I can apply to whether or not it will work for me. I haven’t ordered anything that doesn’t have a review. With that being said, I have only returned 2 pieces so far due to the fit/ material or I just didn’t like it on me. I think this is typical when you order online, so its to be expected!
- It may take you a while to receive your items- It typically takes me a week or week and a half to receive my order. So plan accordingly!
- Pay close attention to the “Description” section- this will tell you what type of material the product is made of, if there is stretch and sizing info. This will be very helpful in determining how the product will hang or drape on you, the fabric type, what size to order etc. I always make sure to review the size chart before selecting. So make sure to do that. Also, I find most pieces from SheIn to have thin material. So check out the description box to determine what its made of. If you equate quality with heaviness of the fabric, you may not get that with SheIn.
I hope this honest review helps. I know so many of you had reservations on what to expect and was unsure if you should order. So this should put some of those fears to rest. If you have any questions, please comment below or even email me. I’ll be happy to give you my two cents!
See you Sunday for my next post!!
Disclaimer: My honest reviews and opinions for items gifted to me are my own. I strive to provide honest feedback to my viewers. Gifted items are disclosed with “c/o.”
H&M Skinny Zipper Ankle Jeans only $30!
Turquoise Earrings (old, linked similar)
ColourPop Lippie Stix in Behr
Photography: Angie Garcia