I know, I know I have been M.I.A!!! But, I am back! 2017 has been weird for me as I don’t feel like it’s a new year. So, I haven’t gotten my life and told myself, “ITS TIME TO CRUSH 2017!” I have basically still been on my 2016 mindset, which, isn’t or has not been bad. But, I know its time to go higher and I can’t do that until I made up my mind to get started right?!
I decided to get a little personal on the blog today and share “Five Things About Myself to Improve in 2017.” Now, I do know that I am quite a fabulous person lol, however, your girl could use some work! Its nothing like evaluating yourself and saying, “Girl, do better!” We all have flaws that we need to improve about ourselves. When you recognize those flaws and don’t take the steps to make positive changes, then what are you really doing? I cannot be the “GIRL BOSS” I dream to be if I am not applying myself and doing “GIRL BOSS” things, am I right??
So I am going to let you in on a few things that I know I need to work on about myself for 2017! I like to be transparent with my followers so you guys can get a sense of who I am. I am a wife, mom, blogger and everything else I need to be to others. Life can get a bit crazy, so its time to buckle down and get to work! Here are my five things that I plan to hold myself accountable for in 2017. Let’s go!
Five Things About Myself to Improve in 2017
- Procrastination: Your girl GOT IT BAD!! In fact, there are a lot of opportunities that I see out there for myself that I pass on because I know my procrastination game is real!! I am easy to push things off until later. Honestly, I don’t even know why I allow myself to do that knowing that I have a 2-year-old toddler. I am always tired by the end of the day and when the couch calls my name, I answer! In 2017, I cannot allow procrastination to hold me back from the things that can allow myself to be great and create the brand I dream of. Solution: Create a weekly task list to complete by Sunday. This will allow me time to schedule and plan my week and allow for changes instead of stressing myself to get it done daily.
- Healthy Eating: Y’all, since the holidays I have been eating any and everything. My trouble zone is my stomach area and I am not liking what I am seeing. I get bloated very easily to the point I look three to four months preggo. Last summer, my family and I did a weight loss challenge and I actually did really well! I noticed that I wasn’t bloated as usual and that I had more energy. Personally, I learned that I need to cut back on bread and sugar which was the culprit of my bloating. Another problem is, I don’t like working out! I can go strong for about a month or two and then I don’t want to do it anymore. I never really enjoy it. Solution: Starting today get back on my healthy eating! No breads or sugar and increase my water intake. Find a workout that I enjoy and commit to attending or completing starting at twice a week.
- Spending: Lord, hold my mule! This should really be number one, but whatever. I really need to get better at saving, budgeting and reduce impulse buying. You all know that I LOVE to shop! I am great at finding affordable fashion and look for less deals. Problem is, even though an item may be a great deal, I am purchasing other stuff that’s a great deal too and it all adds up. With blogging, some of my outfits are sponsored, meaning, provided by the brand. But, for the most part its all me swiping that card honey. Not to mention making sure Camille is fly and cute and household expenses as well. I am getting close to 40 y’all, its time to start thinking long-term and retirement! Wow, I’m real grown lol. Solution: Create a monthly spending budget that allows me to shop, but reduce the amount that I am spending. Also, to use cash for purchases that are not online. Maybe I can actually leave Target without spending hundreds perhaps? #goals
- Housekeeping: My house is unorganized y’all and I am not the best housekeeper. It’s really unorganized and the walls are closing in with all of Camille’s toys. We are hoping to move in the next few years since we also want to expand our family with one more little one. So, I have to do better at maintaining my household and reducing the clutter. It really irritates me to come home to the clutter and mess. I can’t take it anymore! Solution: Eliminate furniture that is not regularly used and get more functional storage options. Reduce the clutter by selling or donating to Goodwill or Salvation Army. Also, create a schedule to do a “deep cleaning” once or twice a month and then maintain for the other two weeks.
- Blogging/ Business: I want to start my own business in relation to my blog. But, I am not set on exactly what product I want to sell or market. I initially thought t-shirts, but I don’t know if that’s something I am completely sold on. I really don’t want to spend time on something that I am not 100% about. But, I know that in order to turn my blog into a brand, I really need to focus on a product to grow my audience and financially. Solution: Prayer and research! I don’t want to do anything without confirmation from God that this is the right path. But, faith without works is dead. So I need to research to ensure what I really want to do and if its beneficial to this time period or season in my life.
Whew! Ok, those five things I must focus on this year. I really need to make sure I am not deterred and stay focus on accomplishing these goals.
I would love to know what are some things you feel you can improve upon personally and what solutions or tactics you have in place to get it done!!
So please share and let’s make 2017 AMAZING!
(old, linked similar)
(old, linked similar)
Photography: Victoria Blitshtein